About Me

Hello everyone my name is jake and I'm 4 years old, I live with my mummy, daddy my brother and soon my baby sister. My mum has started a blog so people can learn all about me. As she tells me everyday that I am special and I have a very rare condition called Diamond Blackfan Aniema, and it only affects 600-700 people in the world and only 105 of them are in the United Kingdom. The condition is where my bone marrow doesnt produce red blood cells, so my body functions on less than half the level it should. Our heamoglobin should be between 13 and 15 and mine are very very low, when I first fell ill they were only 3.9. And now are alittle higher. I am living on blood transfusions, and a very high dose of prednisolone. This is my future. I will up date as much as I can I hope you will join me on my journey..xx

Friday 19 August 2011

Appointment update for jakey

Hi all, Jake had his appointmet on wednesday, and I wish I had better news, but I dont. It seems like the drugs are'nt working for him, As his blood has dropped by 1.3 this time. We were so hopeful as they had gone up by 0.2 last time. And I know it wasnt much but it gave us the hope that they were working, and the hope it would make jakes life easier for him. But seems not to be the case. Well for the next 2 weeks jake will stay on the high 20mg dose of predisolone and then they will start to wean him off by reducing the doseage, each time. Jake will need another transfusion when we go back for his appointment and they will take more bloods, and do more tests to see if there is anything else under lying. But for jake his next step is having to go on blood transfusion therapy, which is going to be long hard and gruling for him. He hates having to have the canular fitted, for his orange juice (blood), he hates having to sit there for hours after for it to be done, and all the waiting around. But how do you explain to a 4 year old, that this your life. The hardest thing is the hoping, but we still do it, and I hope that when we go back ,some miracle has happened and the meds work. I know they try and prepare us for the following week to come, and what must be done, And they are amazing at there job. But without the hope what else do we have. Well they have given jake next week off for some well earned hospital free time, so I will update soon with more on jakeys journey, and his progress soon. And will add as much information on blood transfusion therapy and what it all means for him, when he starts on the 31st August. Thank you all for your support.

In the words of Jakey

Bee Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment