About Me

Hello everyone my name is jake and I'm 4 years old, I live with my mummy, daddy my brother and soon my baby sister. My mum has started a blog so people can learn all about me. As she tells me everyday that I am special and I have a very rare condition called Diamond Blackfan Aniema, and it only affects 600-700 people in the world and only 105 of them are in the United Kingdom. The condition is where my bone marrow doesnt produce red blood cells, so my body functions on less than half the level it should. Our heamoglobin should be between 13 and 15 and mine are very very low, when I first fell ill they were only 3.9. And now are alittle higher. I am living on blood transfusions, and a very high dose of prednisolone. This is my future. I will up date as much as I can I hope you will join me on my journey..xx

Monday 3 October 2011

Appointment catch up

Hi all, Well wednesday has been and gone so that means Jakey has had his appointment. Jakes blood has dropped to 10.8 in the 5 days since he has been out of hospital. But this is still a good number for Jake as we all know by now that he does'nt usually go higher than 8. He has had a late response to the predisolone which is what is keeping Jake maintained. So on the blood front he seems to be doing well. He is a little more tired than usual and soesnt want to do much but he is holding on. As for the other situation well thats a different matter. On wednesday Jake was on day 6 of no poo action, So between Jakes doctors and the surgeons they increased his laxativs, to help get him to go.But if he had'nt been by Monday to call and see what the next step would be for him, as the surgeons would want to see him. So Jake has been on the twice aday laxativ, and on saturday Jake started with the runs and all was clear, he was so scared to go to the toliet we were letting him go in his big boy nappies which we got for him. And he seemed fine, Then as the runs started to increase more we managed to get him sat on the toliet. We sat with him and read his books and talked loads so he didint feel so scared, And we thought as it was runny it would be so much easier. But we were wrong, it has happened again,  So Jake was admitted back in to hospital on saturday. Jake was terrified he even struggled to have his blood taken, which he does now with ease every week with his fav lady. They said as the bleeding had stopped and if Jakes bloods were okay we could take him home. And luckily his bloods were fine they were 10.7. So we were allowed home, and now were waiting on the surgeons decision on how he wants to proceed. The worst part of all this is Jake was so scared to go to the toliet, And I told him not to worry that everything was going to be fine, and I was wrong but we needed him to empty his bowels and he was holding it in, his brain switched his body off from going but the laxativ's won through and in the end 9 days later they won. So we are back to square 1. So hopefully we will have a decision today on what they want to happen with Jake, and not leave him too long.

So in the words of Jakey
Bee Happy

And will update as I can. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment