About Me

Hello everyone my name is jake and I'm 4 years old, I live with my mummy, daddy my brother and soon my baby sister. My mum has started a blog so people can learn all about me. As she tells me everyday that I am special and I have a very rare condition called Diamond Blackfan Aniema, and it only affects 600-700 people in the world and only 105 of them are in the United Kingdom. The condition is where my bone marrow doesnt produce red blood cells, so my body functions on less than half the level it should. Our heamoglobin should be between 13 and 15 and mine are very very low, when I first fell ill they were only 3.9. And now are alittle higher. I am living on blood transfusions, and a very high dose of prednisolone. This is my future. I will up date as much as I can I hope you will join me on my journey..xx

Wednesday 14 September 2011

Our Little Super Hero

Hi everyone, well as you know its wednesday and Jakes usual trip to hospital, Well we got some more good news today, Jakes blood was 11.4 which is amazing. His hb has only dropped by 0.2. So we are now on week 3 without a transfusion, which feels amazing and a really nice break for Jake too. Meaning they are holding off on taking his bloods for more tests untill he is ready for his next transfusion, so then he is only needing 1 canular fitted. They have indicated today that Jake maintaing this week could be a late response to the meds, which would be great, but they have lowered his dose of predisolone from 17 and half down to 10mg a day. But they also mentioned that it could be that the transusions are maintaining him longer, which would also be good. This weeks appointment was a nice and short one, it was great to be and out, alot quicker than usual.
Jake is in his second week of school, and seems to loving it, he seems to settling in well, he is exhausted and sleeping loads once home, but for now he is enjoying it. Its nice that he is getting that normality in his life too.
He is still nice and chubby and his appitete does'nt seem to slowing down at all, yet. But they do say once he is weaned off the predisolne his appitete will diplete. And his weight will go back down. But for now he is loving his food.
We have noticed tonight though that he is looking a little yellow, which he didnt this afternoon. So will be keeping an eye on that. As we know how quickly Jakes levels can drop. So for now thank you for following Jakes journey and will update soon.

In the words of Jakey
Bee Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment